Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sparkling Strength

Sorry I missed posting last Friday, but real life has intruded into my stamping life! I've got a big landscaping project to finish, so I'll be working on that whenever weather permits, and we've finally been having a run of beautiful days in which to work outside. We also do a lot of camping on summer weekends, so unfortunately my stamping time looks to be very limited for a while. I'm going to try to fit in as much as I can, but this is fair warning to all of you that I may not be able to post every Tuesday and Friday. Sorry!

Anyway, here is another card featuring the wonderful Strength & Hope set in the Summer Mini Catalog. I made this for a classmate of mine who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. She has started an experimental chemotherapy treatment which seems to be working, and has lost almost all her hair. She was prepared for it, but as a cosmetologist the loss has been extremely hard for her. She's always had a bright and sparkling personality, so I wanted the card to reflect that! She's also been through this battle before, as her mother died - but her sisters are all survivors - of breast cancer. Through that she has developed strength to face this, and I hope this card will remind her of that. I took mega pictures trying to capture the sparkle of this card, but even the best picture doesn't capture how much it sparkles in real life.

Recipe
Stamps: Strength & Hope
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Concord Crush and Very Vanilla cardstock; Lap of Luxury Designer Series paper
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Concord Crush
Accessories: Paper Snips, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Basic Rhinestone Jewels, Two-Way Glue Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-jig, tweezers

I stamped the cirlicue image in Pretty in Pink ink on the Pretty in Pink cardstock outer border; it may be hard to see in the picture. I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the word image multiple times on the vanilla piece. I trimmed the butterfly, applied glue to the spots I wanted to sparkle, and then sprinkled it with glitter. I keep tweezers next to my stamping space as they come in handy for so many things, like placing the rhinestones and picking up hard-to-handle things like the trimmed butterfly. Oh, and the layout is SC331 from the Wednesday Card Sketch Challenge on splitcoaststampers.com.

Well, that's it for tonight. Remember that June is the last chance to order the retiring products; you can click on the Last Chance link on my page to see what's still available. Many of the items are available at reduced prices of 25% to 40% off, so order now!

No comments:

Post a Comment