Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wonder What's New?

The new Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog 2011-2012 goes live tomorrow, and I am so excited! My Wish List is already WAY too long because there's so many stamp sets and accessories that I'm dying to get. I'm especially excited about the new ribbon choices and the many colors they're available in! Now comes the hard part, though...whittling my list down to the point where I won't have to get a second job to pay for everything!

This card features one of the new hostess sets, Simply Soft. Stampin' Up! has changed their hostess program up a bit; now you earn hostess dollars based on the total of your workshop, and there are specially-priced hostess sets that you can spend your dollars on. If you don't like any of the hostess sets, you can use your dollars on anything else in the catalog instead. For example, a workshop total of $400 will earn you $65 in hostess dollars, plus you can get a full-price item at 50% off! This new system offers more options for the hostess, and you won't be limited to choosing a Level 1, 2 or 3 set anymore.

I am also using one of the new In Colors, Wisteria Wonder. I love, love, love this new color! If you were a fan of the retired Almost Amethyst like I was, this new color is just a shade darker, and as you can see, it coordinates beautifully with Elegant Eggplant.

Recipe
Stamps: Simply Soft, Fabulous Phrases
Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, and Whisper White cardstock
Ink: Elegant Eggplant & Wisteria Wonder stamp pads, Lucky Limeade marker
Accessories: Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, Scallop Circle & Clear Circle Bigz dies, Scallop Oval & Large Oval punches, wire clip, Organza ribbon, Basic Pearl, Stampin' Dimensionals

I experimented with a different ribbon treatment on this card, and I really like how it turned out. I first slid the clip on the left side of the scallop greeting, leaving it hanging off the side a bit. Then I tied a somewhat loose double knot in the ribbon, keeping it poufed out a bit, and then threaded the long end through the clip and attached it with adhesive on the back left side of the scallop circle. Then I adhered the scallop greeting to the card front with dimensionals, making sure the ribbon was stretched fairly tight from the left. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment