Wednesday, June 15, 2011

4 You...Purseonally!

Since I haven't had enough free time lately to create new stuff, and I'm waiting on pins and needles for my new catalog preorder to arrive, I thought I'd post some of my "old" favorites. This card is for you, LaRayne! She loves purses, and when she saw this she requested that we make it at Stamp Club. Unfortunately it just never fit into any of my themes, so I'll share it here.

Recipe
Stamps: Tiny Tags
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip & Very Vanilla cardstock; Sending Love Specialty Designer Series paper (retired)
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder; Top Note bigz die; Big Shot; Jewelry Tag, 1-3/4" & 1-3/8" circle, and 1-3/4"x7/8" oval punches; Paper Piercing Tool; Gold brad; Stampin' Dimensionals; white thread

This is SO easy to make! First I ran a couple quarter sheets of Choc. Chip cardstock through the Big Shot in the embossing folder. Then I ran one of the embossed pieces through the Big Shot using the Top Note die, and then cut that in half to create the purse. I used the oval punch for the purse clasp, cutting about 1/4 off, and then punched a hole with the Paper Piercing Tool and inserted the brad to create the clasp closure. The clasp is popped up with Dimensionals. The purse handle was made with the circle punches, first punching the smaller circle out of the embossed cardstock, then centering that in the bigger circle and punching it out, and finally adhering it behind the purse. I then stamped the "4 You" on the vanilla cardstock, punched it out with the Jewelry Tag punch, pierced a hole and tied it to the handle with plain old sewing thread. Easy Peasy Purse!

Hope you enjoy the rest of the week; hopefully I will see you again in a few days! Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment