Friday, May 13, 2011

Dreaming of summer...

It's another cold and rainy evening here; the kind that makes you want to curl up in front of the fireplace with a cup of hot chocolate and daydream about all the things you want to do on a hot summer day. Darn...I knew I forgot to get something when I stopped to shop on the way home from work - I'm out of hot chocolate!! Guess that means there's no daydreaming for me (sigh). I'll just have to make do by putting my slippers on and gazing dreamily at this card while sipping a hot cup of decaf coffee. Hmmm...it's not quite as good as being on the water's edge at sunset of a hot summer day watching the boats, but it comes close!

This sailboat image is a single wood-mount stamp, called Sail Away, that is available in the Summer Mini Catalog; I love that Stampin' Up! is offering single stamps in addition to all the other fabulous items in their catalogs! I knew I wanted to use the sailboat as a silhouette on a lake, so I stamped the image using craft ink, embossed it with clear embossing powder, and then sponged a scene over it using the masking technique. However, once I got that part done I couldn't come up with a card layout that I liked. I tried several before settling on this one, SC297 from the Wednesday Card Sketch challenge on splitcoaststampers. I'm not entirely sure that I really like the finished product, but it is what it is.

Recipe
Stamps: Sail Away
Paper: Night of Navy and Whisper White cardstock, Night of Navy Designer Series Paper from the Regals Patterns Stack
Ink: Night of Navy craft stampin' spot; Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Night of Navy stamp pads
Accessories: Clear embossing powder, Antique Brads, 1" circle punch, Paper Piercing tool, sponge wedges, Stampin' Dimensionals

Now I'm going to go crawl into my nice warm bed and hopefully have sweet dreams of warm, sunny weather in the near future. Hope you do, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment