Friday, May 27, 2011

Warm Heart...

...cold hands! That's me tonight as we suffer through yet another cold, rainy and dreary evening. It's Memorial Day weekend, and here in central Minnesota our furnaces are still kicking in; sadly, it doesn't sound as if the rest of the weekend is going to get any better (sigh). As if that wasn't enough, I can't find my warm and fuzzy slippers, which is why my hands are cold; if my feet are cold, so is the rest of my body!

Anyway, since May is just about over, I thought I had better post a card using one of the stamp sets that is 30% off only through the rest of this month - the fabulous Word Play. This set contains 12 versatile word images that can be used for just about anything! Now that I think about it, I also used this set in the graduation gift card that I posted last week, but forgot to mention that it was on sale (another sigh). This was inspired by an anniversary card that I received from my husband, so every time I look at it, my heart just warms right up! It is a side-pocket card that will fit in a standard A2 envelope. The red Glimmer Paper used for the heart is still available for order, so don't despair! Some of the items from the Occasions Mini Catalog have been carried over and can still be ordered; just click on the Occasions Mini Carryover link on the right side of the page to see what's available, and then go to my Online Store to place your order!

Recipe
Stamps: Word Play
Paper: Basic Black & Very Vanilla cardstock, Love Letter Designer Series paper, red Glimmer Paper
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Full Heart XL and 1-3/4" Circle punches

The black base is cut 5-1/2" x 6-1/2" and folded in half, with tabs left at the top and bottom of the back that I folded over and adhered to the inside front. The vanilla strip was cut 2-3/4" wide and 3-1/4" long. Then I adhered the 1/2" strips of Love Letter paper to the top and bottom of the strip and punched out the half heart on the right side before stamping the words. Before adhering the strip to the black cardstock, I punched a half circle out of the right front of the card. I then adhered the strip to the front, lining up the heart cut-out over the circle cut-out. The vanilla pull-out is 3-1/8" x 5-3/8". I simply punched a heart out of the Glimmer Paper and put adhesive on the back left side. Then, with the vanilla piece already inside the card, I fit the left side of the Glimmer heart inside the punched-out half heart on the card front, and pressed down to adhere it to the vanilla pull-out. Sweet! An easy anniversary or valentine card.

Now I'm off to climb under the covers - thank goodness I still have my winter quilt on the bed! I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and please remember the REAL reason for Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment