Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Nothing But Neutrals!

That was the theme for last week's stamp club. We made three projects, using colors from only the Neutrals color family. I wanted to show the club members how using only neutrals not only is easier than you might think, but it also adds a touch of elegance to any project.

I created this card with a special person in mind, who recently retired after over 30 years in a medical records department. She is a wonderfully sweet lady who loves flowers and favored simple, classic neutrals in her clothing, so I wanted the card to reflect the lady! I used the new Flower Garden embossing folder from the Summer Mini Catalog, which produces a beautiful, elegantly stylized image. I added just a touch of shimmer to the flowers with the Smooch Pearlized Accent ink. This is the first time I had used the Smooch ink and I found it incredibly easy to work with, and love how it accented the flowers without detracting from the beauty of the embossed image. I hope my friend feels the same way!

Recipe
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black and River Rock cardstock
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Flower Garden embossing folder; Big Shot; Pinking Hearts Border, Word Window Large, Modern Label XL, and  1-3/4"x7/8" Oval Large punches; Basic Pearls; Stampin' Dimensionals

Hope the rest of your week is filled with sweet sunshine; we sure could use a few more days of that here in Minnesota. See you Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment