Sunday, May 20, 2012

Soft Sympathy

When recently asked to create a sympathy card for a coworker whose baby girl was stillborn, I was a little unsure of what "type" of card to make. However, my stamp club had just met and we had made a wedding card (using all white) using this layout. By using pink instead and embellishing with small pearls, I hope I hit the right blend of soft sympathy that I was trying to achieve.
 
Recipe
Stamps: Bordering on Romance, Petite Pairs
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Pink Pirouette & Certainly Celery markers
Accessories: Big Shot; Elegant Bouquet & Designer Frames embossing folders; Labels Collection Framelit Dies; XL Oval punch; White taffeta ribbon; Basic Pearls; Stampin' Dimensionals; Mini Glue Dots

I found it is much better to die cut the Framelit label and then run it through the Big Shot in the Designer Frames embossing folder. I first tried it the opposite way, but the embossed dots on the Designer Frame were flattened when I ran it through to die cut the Framelit. The ribbon is just tied in a bow and attached with a glue dot.

No comments:

Post a Comment