Monday, March 26, 2012

Fresh Vintage Doily

I think I jinxed myself when I stated in my last post that things would slow down. Between work, the flu bug, work, the busy Lenten church season, work, and - oh yeah - stamp workshops, it's pretty obvious that I've been unable to post in the last few weeks. It's already the last week in March and Sale-A-Bration will be ending in a few short days! Yikes!

So here's a card we've been making at my workshops, which incorporates my favorite SAB set, Fresh Vintage, with my favorite Occasions Mini Catalog item, the Paper Doily die.

Recipe
Stamps: Fresh Vintage (SAB), Petite Pairs
Paper: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, and Naturals Ivory card stock
Ink: Crumb Cake pad (card 1); Melon Mambo, Old Olive & Elegant Eggplant markers (card 2)
Accessories: Big Shot & Paper Doily die, Basic Pearls

You will have to experiment when using your Paper Doily die, as it may require the use of extra "shims" or layers when making your Big Shot sandwich. I found that I needed to use an extra piece of colored cardstock as a shim layer or the smaller pieces would not punch out cleanly from the doily. This could vary depending on individual Big Shots, so don't give up if your first Doily does not punch cleanly. Be patient and persevere - it's definitely worth the extra trial and error!

That's all the time I have for now, but I'll try very hard to carve out more time later this week to share some more Sale-A-Bration inspiraton! Sweet dreams!


No comments:

Post a Comment