Thursday, April 7, 2011

Valentine Defined Tree of Hearts

One of the many reasons why the Valentined Defined stamp set is one of my favorites is that the images in it are so versatile! I just love the tree image, and used it to make this soft and pretty anniversary card. The layout is from the Wednesday Card Sketch Challenge on Splitcoaststampers.com; this layout is SC315. What is the sketch challenge? You take the sketch provided and use any stamp set, any accessory, and any kind of paper to make a card following the layout design. I have printed out all the card sketches and keep them in a binder, and when I'm having trouble coming up with a layout idea (which is quite often!) I look through my binder and always find several great ideas. This card uses the same basic color theme as my other two Valentine Defined cards: Sahara Sand, Blush Blossom and Pear Pizzazz. I sponged around the edges of the top and bottom layers of my tree image with Pear Pizzazz to give them a bit more definition.

Recipe
Stamps: Valentine Defined, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Sahara Sand, Blush Blossom and Whisper White cardstock; Sahara Sand patterned paper (from the Neutrals Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack)
Ink: Blush Blossom, Pear Pizzazz and Crumb Cake markers for the tree; Early Espresso stamp pad for the sentiment
Accessories: 3/16" corner small punch, 1/16" circle punch, Chantilly Crochet Trim, Antique Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stamping Sponges

No comments:

Post a Comment