Monday, April 18, 2011

Challenging Cupcake

I bet you're wondering how a cupcake can be challenging! Well, creating this card was quite a challenge for me as I had to step outside - WAY outside - of my comfort zone with this layout, as it is SO not my "normal" style. Every so often I have to challenge myself to go outside of my box, otherwise I get stuck in a rut and all my creations start looking the same. This card was one of the make-n-takes at my February and March workshops, so it needed to be simple enough for even an inexperienced stamper to make, yet appealing enough to satisfy my love of color and texture - without the multitude of layers that I love to use!! I used the Create a Cupcake stamp set and coordinating Build a Cupcake punch from the 2011 Occasions Mini Catalog, and got the layout idea from one of the sample cards showcasing this set in the mini catalog (page 22). The ribbon treatment is so easy: cut a length about 1" longer than your cardstock, put two spots of adhesive on the back edges of the cardstock, and then just wrap the ribbon around and stick it to the adhesive on the back. The bow was tied and then adhered to the front with a glue dot. In real life the glitter on the cupcake top really sparkles, but was hard to capture in my photo; I'm still trying to master the art of taking good photos of my cards, so please bear with me!

Recipe
Stamps: Create a Cupcake
Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake & Whisper White cardstock
Ink: Early Espresso & Perfect Plum
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Build a Cupcake Punch, 3/16" Corner Small punch, Early Espresso 1/8" taffeta ribbon, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

Have a sweet day!

No comments:

Post a Comment