Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Valentine Defined Blushing Birds

Aren't these two lovebirds just the cutest things? I normally don't get too excited about flamingos; guess I've seen too many tacky plastic ones as lawn ornaments! However, when I saw these in the Valentine Defined stamp set, I immediately pictured them on the front of an anniversary card. Since I've seen plenty of bright pink flamingos, I wanted to soften these two up by using Blushing Bride, one of the new colors in the In Color family. The color scheme is Sahara Sand, Blushing Bride and Perfect Plum. I got the idea for this layout on an online stamping website, Splitcoaststampers.com, from a card where the creator had used the scalloped bookmark piece from the Two Tags die as an element on her card. This is a great layout to use if you want to make a smaller image the centerpiece of your card.

Recipe
Stamps: Valentine Defined, Tiny Tags
Paper: Sahara Sand, Blushing Bride & Whisper White cardstock; In Color Designer Series Paper Pack (Level 1 hostess item)
Ink: Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand & Perfect Plum markers
Accessories: Two Tags die, 1-3/4" Scallop Circle XL punch, 1-3/8" Circle punch, Pinking Hearts Border punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment