Saturday, January 21, 2012

Twitterpated!

Well, I survived birthday week, but just barely! My youngest son turned 18 recently, and it was very hard for me...the realization that he is now an adult somehow made me feel SO much older. Probably because now that he IS considered an adult, we have to take special steps to protect him, as he could be considered a vulnerable adult due to his autism spectrum disorder. Needless to say there is lots of paperwork involved in that protection, which is why I've been absent from blog land for a while.

But now that I'm back, I'm going to share one of the projects my stamp club did this week. Our theme was "It's All About Hearts!" in preparation for Valentine's Day. This card, however, was not the one I had originally planned for the club. My mom, who is a club member, came over to celebrate birthdays (my oldest son also turned 29) two days before the club was to meet, so she made her projects then. Unfortunately the original Smooch Spritz project I had planned turned out to be not very club-friendly, so I had to make a last-minute change. Thankfully I had this wonderful layout in my head, as I had just seen it on the talented Chris Smith's blog. Thanks for the inspiration, Chris!

Recipe
Stamps: Word Play
Paper: Whisper White & Riding Hood Red CS, Twitterpated Designer Series Paper (mini catalog)
Ink: Basic Gray & Riding Hood Red markers
Accessories: Square Lattice & Petals-a-Plenty embossing folders & Big Shot; Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon; Framelits Dies Labels Collection; Heart to Heart punch; Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz; Illuminate Top Coat Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink; Basic Pearls; Stampin' Dimensionals

I just LOVE the new Framelits Dies in the Occasions Mini catalog! They are so easy to use, and with six different sizes to choose from there are endless layout possibilities. The colors in the beautiful Twitterpated Designer Series paper are some of my favorites, and of course they coordinate so well that this card practically made itself! The embossing folders add interesting texture, and the Smooch products add just the right amount of glimmer. I hope you can see in the close-up how I "painted" with the Illuminate accent ink along the top right edges of the greeting layer. You may also be able to see how the flowered paper is embossed with the Petals-a-Plenty folder. This card is very versatile, and could be used for many occasions such as an anniversary, "thinking of you" or even a birthday or sympathy card. 

The cold wind is really blowing the snow around outside my dark window, so I'm looking forward to climbing into bed under some warm blankets. Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment